BA LLB MBA
Chairman & CEO
Named 2015 Woman of Influence by AFR and Westpac Bank
Beverley Honig BA LLB MBA is:
- CEO Honeylight Enterprises P/L
- An internationally qualified lawyer with global legal experience
- A management consultant and facilitator with 30 years experience
- A lecturer and subject coordinator (Project Management and Business Planning) to Executive MBA's and postgraduates at Universities of Melbourne and Queensland (QUT)
- Corporate designer/developer/trainer to government and public organisations such as Department of Education, Department of Defence, NAB, Telstra, BHP, Australia Post, BHP, Coles Myer, Wesfarmers, Accenture and many more...
- Author of the business bestseller book "Making Contracts Work" published in 2010
- A part time Appeals Judge at the Essential Service Appeal Board
- A seasoned board director.
She brings a wealth of global commercial experience in the areas of people and culture management, particular as they apply to contracts, projects and sourcing. She has led reviews and structured management programs in the public and private sector across many industries. She also brings years of experience as an executive general manager at Coles Myer Ltd.
Beverley has grown Honeylight Enterprises to be a leader in corporate and industry growth and sustainability. Beverley is also the author of a book entitled "Making Contracts Work" published in 2010, based on her extensive experience in cultural adaptation and change, corporate sourcing and contract management.
Her expertise in Project Management, Contract Management, Procurement and change management has won her accolades from clients and delegates. She has won tenders to design frameworks and training in this field with many government and corporate clients.
Beverley is a globally sought after public speaker, was nominated Businesswomen of the year, is the recipient of 3 multi-national trade awards presented by the Prime Minister, and is listed in the Who's Who of Australia.
- Bachelor of Arts from Monash University
- Bachelor of Law from Monash University
- Masters of Business from Melbourne University's Business School
Beverley has held the following board and executive positions:
- Judge, Essential Services Commission Appeals (sessional)
- Chairman and CEO Honeylight Enterprises
- Senior lecturer/ subject coordinator University of Melbourne
- Senior lecturer/facilitator QUT Business School
- Non Executive Director, Australia Chamber of Commerce
- Non Executive Director Melbourne Markets Authority
- Non executive Chairman Remuneration, Melbourne Markets
- MMA Board Member Finance, Audit, Risk Management
- Non Executive Director Centre for Adult Education
- Chairman, OET (Occupational English testing)
- Member Finance and Audit, Risk CAE
- Chairman, Virtual Health Technologies
- Director, Clicks and Bricks Pty Ltd
- General Manager, Coles Myer Ltd
- Lawyer, Nabarro Nathanson (UK)
1. Author of Bestseller Business Book "Making Contracts Work"
2. Listed in the Who's Who of Australia
3. Businesswomen of the year
4. Recipient of several multi-national trade awards presented by the Prime Minister, in recognition of its outstanding contribution to the forging of international trade links.
2015 Winner of The Australian Financial Review and Westpac 100 Women of influence
We congratulate our Chairman & CEO, Beverley Honig, for being the 2015 Winner of the 100 Women of Influence Awards
Chief Executive Officer, Honeylight Enterprises P/L
- Through her role as CEO, trainer, coach, mentor and business developer, Beverley has successfully grown clients businesses which has turned Honeylight into a leading edge consultancy trusted by government and corporations nationally and internationally.
- Her expertise in strategic people and resource management, coupled with her hands on ability to business develop and delivery training and facilitation services to clients positions her uniquely as a Leader/Manager in the field. She leads and motivates by example.
- In recognition of her expertise, she has been recognised through business awards and is often a keynote speaker at global conferences in Asia, US, UK, Europe.
Examples of areas of Expertise: Key topics for Training
Leadership and Management
- Communication and negotiation
- Customer driven leadership
- Team building and silo breakthrough
- Cross Cultural management
- Making change and transitions work
- Outsourcing across cultures
Strategic project management
- For project sponsors
- For project managers
- For project members
- Stakeholder management
- Change Management and projects
- KPIs and performance management
- Contract Management & Governance
- Tender Preparation & Evaluation
- Contract Specifications & KPIs
- Procurement to contract management: Making Contracts Work
Performance Management and Benchmarking
- Performance management and measurement
- KPI management
- Benchmarking, research and data management
Beverley Honig BA LLB MBA
Overall Capability Statement
Beverley Honig is a qualified Commercial and Commercial Property lawyer in 3 continents and speaks several languages. She is well known as possessing exemplary levels of personal credibility and integrity.
Over the past 18 years Beverley has also held roles of Director or Chairman over a number of corporate and government entities, where she has honed her ability to conduct meetings, manage people, mediations and effective communication capabilities. Beverley is a comfortable liaising with Ministers as she is with community or industry members. She communicates with ease and grace, clearly and effectively. Her legal background and experience has trained her to listen and adapt with versatility. She is a strong negotiator and can stand her ground in any complex set of circumstances.
Beverley has run many successful businesses and held senior executive positions with responsibilities for significant profit centres, and so comes with a balanced approach to good business practice and the definition of fairness.
As a sessional lecturer for Executive MBA's in QUT's Canberra campus, Beverley has a commitment to professional education and a hands on commitment to the practical application of best practice.
Beverley communicates with influence and integrity, cultivating productive working relationships.
Nominated businesswoman of the year, Beverley is a commercially astute business advisor to both public and private corporations. Evidence of this is how she managed a multi billion dollar portfolio during her general management at Coles Myer, and how she has grown Honeylight to be in the fast 100 companies (see BRW).
She has authored the authoritative book on the subject, "Making Contracts Work", which is has been adopted throughout university curriculum worldwide and by businesspeople globally.
Beverley is interviewed regularly on radio to discuss next practice in business in a very practical and compelling way. She has been the recipient of several multilateral trade awards in recognition of her contribution in the forging of international trade links. She was nominated businesswoman of the year, and appears in the Who's Who of Australia.
The diversity of her career shows confidence and personal courage that her multidisciplinary background illustrates. With her ability to multi skill, Beverley is a resilient individual who knows how to drive change with strength and compassion.
Some examples of her qualities are as follows:
Shape strategic thinking
Beverley has demonstrated this ability through the following:
- As CEO Honeylight Enterprises Pty Ltd, Beverley demonstrates on a daily basis her leadership in the growth of to the large business consultancy it is today
- Lends and shapes strategic thought into many Boards she sits on and executive client projects
In her role as Judge, Essential Services Commission Appeals, Beverley shows judgment, intelligence and commonsense
- As lecturer at various executive MBA programs she harnesses information and opportunities
As Director of Australia Israel Chamber of Commerce she inspires a sense of purpose and direction into all the multi lateral programs she has been instrumental in setting up, including trade missions, import/export opportunities and business and government liaison meetings.
- As Chairman of Human Resources, Melbourne Market Authority, Beverley has been instrumental in building organisational capability and responsiveness through a variety of governance mechanisms and risk management policies.
- Beverley marshals her professional expertise in every facet of her work. Her main consulting work involves strategic change management and dealing with uncertainty through strict risk yet workable management regimes.
- Beverley coaches many leaders in the management of uncertainty and change.
- Her results oriented style is clear in every role she performs, whether it as CEO, as Board member of as Chairman of the various organisations listed above.
Cultivate productive working relationships
- As Chairman of OET (Occupational English Testing), Beverley was responsible for nurturing internal and external relationships to facilitate cooperation and partnerships.
- As Board Member of MMA, her main role was the management of stakeholder relationships.
- In her role as CEO of Honeylight Enterprises, she constantly guides and mentors her people and those of her clients in order to develop them.
Exemplify personal drive and integrity
- Over the past 33 years, Beverley has demonstrated public service professionalism and probity. She has displayed this in her board directorships of government entities, of her judgeship of the ESC Appeals, and of her involvement with her community.
- She is a lady of action, and has been commended on this style by being awarded trade awards and personal businesswomen awards over the past 15 years.
- The diversity of her career shows an engagement with risk and personal courage that her multidiscipline background illustrates. Despite the variety of her multi-skilling, Beverley is a resilient individual who knows how to drive change with strength and compassion.
- Beverley is very much in touch with herself too and whilst caring for a growing family she also finds time to paint, write books and create music.
Communicate with influence
Beverley is a comfortable liaising with Ministers as she is with educators. She communicates with ease and grace, clearly and effectively. Her legal background and experience has trained her to listen and adapt with versatility. She is a strong negotiator and can stand her ground in any complex set of circumstances.
For further information please call Beverley Honig on +613 9613 9945 or email email@example.com